Saturday, July 30, 2011

Reading, reading, reading

New to my physical shelves (fake links):

Shadow Walkers by Brent Hartinger.  This is paranormal romance gay YA, and the opening reminds me a lot of being on an island in Lake Erie.

Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This is a big fat hardcover that a friend of mine scooped up at RWA Nationals-- the first Kenyon I've read. Intriguing start so far . . .

The Full Spectrum edited by David Levithan and Billy Merrell.  This is a non-fiction anthology of essays by LGBTQ youth - powerful and painful, very well done.

New to my Nook:

Harry Connelly's Child of Fire, scooped up for 99 cents.  I have the paperback already but this was a bargain, and it's a great read - fast-paced urban fantasy with a male lead. 

Irresistible Forces
by Brenda Jackson.  Another bargain, and Jackson is a popular romance writer.  She's also local here to Jacksonville, though I've never crossed paths (well, Jacksonville is 800 square miles big, so no surprise...)

Plus I added in 3 Borges stories, 5 more SGA fanfics (oh my am I rediscovering my Rodney and John love!) and Lois Bujold's The Warrior's Apprentice (free from the Baen library).

Reading, reading, reading!  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment