Sunday, July 10, 2011

Media roundup

1. Watched "Strictly Ballroom" yesterday.  Fun!  A bit loud at times.  Love the leads.  And I'm pretty much a sucker for any variation of Cyndi Lauper's "Time after Time."

2. Also watched "Road to Bali" with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby.  I like when they break the fourth wall and the special effects.

3.  Up to season 1 episode 7 of White Collar.  I like the cat and mouse, and how you never know whether Peter is the mouse or cat, and Neal too.  But oh my goodness do they need some characters of color in this show.  It's a sea of white actors. And for all its wittiness, it's not a "keeper" - I have no desire to buy the DVDs.  Most of the fanfic I see on delicious is of the Peter/Neal/Elizabeth variety, which is pretty funny to me - the first fandom I've seen that popularizes threesomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment